LM-Eagan-Site

LM-Eagan-Site
How it was_________Image taken from http://assets.bizjournals.com/twincities/blog/real_estate/LM%20Eagan%2008E62202*304.jpg?v=1

Sunday, April 19, 2015

April 18, 2015 Not much left now.

First few shots are of the Al Baker's Lot (aka LM Annex South) another victim of the shutdown. I'm sure without lunch, after work, promotion, going away and retirement parties the business had a down turn.  I had hear it was to be an expansion of Best Western but now looks like a Holiday Inn Express is going in.

I also believe I have an answer for all the police activity the other night.  After personally being stopped and questioned, and IDed (you don't want prolific name like Tim Johnson it slows down the process), drawing in at least three squad cars on Saturday afternoon.  They are concerned with looters/scrappers taking stuff from the site.  I must say the Eagan police I dealt with were very courteous, efficient, friendly and non-threatening; just doing their job.

They did bring up a question I could not answer, and it is the second time I have been asked this, this month, in connection with the site.   They were wondering/had heard there was a "really deep" basement area/bomb shelter on the site. I have not seen any evidence of an opening leading to something big from my vantage point.  Does anyone know of any fact or fiction on the subject?  I wasn't here in 60s when this place was built, but that was a TOTALLY different era back then, so it could have been.

If any of the readers have anything to comment on that, let me know for my own sake.  You may want to respond privately, as I do have occasional followers of this blog from Russia, Ukraine, and other international ports who might also want to know the answer, but not sure we should confirm or deny.

Finally as seen by a few of the pink flagged stakes around the site,  they are starting to layout new areas for construction away from the main building.












































No comments:

Post a Comment